When can I use this method?
For squaring any 2-digit numbers.
The number can be either < or > a Base number.
[tubepress mode=”playlist” playlistValue=”PLngU_U4dGjQcuDvvoW-C9TL58KQxQeWd3″]
- When selecting a Base number, prefer a number that is near the number to be squared as well as it should be easy to multiply with (prefer round numbers).
- This method uses the concept (B + a)2 = [(B + a) + a] + a2, where ‘(B + a)’ is the number to be squared, ‘B’ is the Base number and ‘a’ is the difference.
- Whenever the number is more than the Base number, the difference is written as positive (+ve).
- Whenever the number is less than Base Number, the difference is written as negative (-ve).
- This method is a corollary to the Multiplication method NrB2
Related Shortcuts –